Late breaking abstract submission is closed.
Thank you to all who have submitted.
Presenting Authors are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out below. The same account will be used when you register for the conference. Please keep the email and password used to create the account for future use. Please do not create a new account. Should you require any assistance or have a query about online submission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
- The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
- Abstracts are to be a 300 word description of your work, only 1 figure/graph may be included. The graph should be legible.
- All content must take up no more than one page.
You do not need to register for the conference prior to submitting an abstract however following acceptance into the programme you must register by 7 June 2019.
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the conference as one of the following categories:
- Oral or Poster Presentation.
- Poster Presentation.
At the review stage, the Programme Committee may change the presentation type submitted by the author to ensure the continuity of the conference programme i.e. oral presentation may be changed to poster presentation OR poster presentation to oral presentation. The presenting Author will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the programme committee is final.
Oral presentations will include questions and answers. More details will be provided at a later time.
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the conference. Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
- Maximum poster size is A0 (0.84 x 1.19m) (portrait orientation)
- Keep text to a minimum
- Ensure any text is in large font
- Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
- Ensure contents have a logical flow
- Make it colourful
- Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the indicated take down time will be removed and disposed of.
Abstracts must be submitted under one of the conference themes:
- Materials for Energy
- Sensor and Transducer Materials and Systems
- Frontiers in Memory and Data Storage (including neuromorphic concepts)
- Hafnia and Related Materials
- Novel Topologies and Domain Walls
- Superlattices, Thin Films and Complex Heterostructures
- Advanced and Novel Characterisation
- Materials Theory
- Photonics and Phononics
- Medical Applications
- Functional Ceramic Materials and their Applications
Submission Guidelines and Template
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for ISIF 2019. Abstracts which are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
How to submit an abstract
The Presenting Author will be the contact person for the abstract and must submit the abstract. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the ISIF 2019 abstract submission system and conference registration portals.
Upon successful submission of the abstract, a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author. If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the Edit Abstracts page.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the close of submission deadline. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact email@example.com.
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the abstract (word limit is 15)
- Presentation type (Oral or Poster, Poster)
- Theme must be chosen from the theme list above
- Name, affiliation, and job title of Presenting Author (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract; this person must be listed as the first author)
- Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Abstract word limit is 300, excluding Title, Authors and Affiliations, and should be a description of your work, only 1 figure/graph may be included. The graph should be legible.
- Answer the question listed in Additional Information.
- Download the abstract template shown below to create the abstract as a Word document and then save as a Word file for uploading to the system. Only WORD files will be accepted for upload. Graphs and tables may not be included in the abstract.
Instructions for submitting your abstract document:
Abstracts are to be a 300 word description of the concept/idea of your work.
- No Title required in the body of the text.
- No authors & affiliations are required in the abstract document.
- Do not add any additional information to what is requested below.
- Abstracts should be a 300 word description of your work.
- Only 1 figure/graph may be included. The graph should be legible.
- All content must take up no more than one page.
- Abstract document must be uploaded to the online submission portal as a Microsoft WORD file.
Review and Notification
All abstracts will go through a review carried out by reviewers selected by the ISIF Programme Committee.
Notification will be sent to the Presenting Author in May 2019.
Late breaking notifications will be sent in July 2019.
Presentation, Modifications & Withdrawals
When notified of acceptance, the Presenting Author is required to accept their offer by registering for the conference by 7 June 2019 (late breaking by 26 July 2019). Failure to do so may result in the rejection of their abstract from the programme. All accepted abstracts will be published in a book of abstracts, in the conference app and on the online programme.
Changes to Title & Text:
The abstract title and text must be correct at the submission deadline of 22 March 2019. Any changes in the abstract title or body will not be possible after the submission deadline.
Withdrawals & Changes to Authors:
After acceptance of the abstract, requests for withdrawal of an abstract must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7 June 2019 to avoid publication in the abstract book and final programme.
Additions or removal of author names will be permitted until 7 June 2019.
Changes to the presenting author will be permitted until 7 June 2019.
Any withdrawal or change of presenters requested after that date will not be considered and the abstract will be published in the book of abstracts.
Terms and Conditions
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines outlines above.
- The text of the abstract along with the names and affiliations, poster, powerpoint presentations and/or additional documents as requested may be published on the conference website and book of abstracts, and that this will not raise any copyright issues.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for ISIF 2019.
- A submission as a particular presentation type may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference, unless the presenting author indicates that he/she prefers not to make these available.
- It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors and ensure that they register to be included in the programme.
- Accepted authors must register by 7 June 2019 to confirm acceptance of their offer in the programme. If accepted authors are not registered by this date, they may be removed from the programme.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- The Presenting Author is available to present at the conference on 11 – 14 August 2019.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the ISIF 2019 Programme Team email@example.com.
ISIF 2019 BEGINS